Planning a wedding should be a happy time, yet for many couples, it is a time of stress and anxiety. There are so many details to attend to, from the dress and tuxedo to the flowers and invitations. Shopping for some wedding things online is a great way to save time and money.
Here’s a guide to doing just that efficiently.
Do Your Research
Before you start shopping for your wedding online, it is important to do your research first. This means knowing what you want and need, as well as becoming familiar with the different options available to you.
Here are some research tips:
- Attending other weddings is a great way to get ideas for your own. Not only will you see what other couples have done, but you’ll also get first-hand experience of what works and what doesn’t.
- Wedding magazines are a great way to research different aspects of weddings. You can find out about the latest trends.
- The internet is a great resource for research. You can find out about anything and everything related to weddings on online wedding blogs, studies, and social media posts.
Set a Budget
When shopping for your wedding online, it is important to set a budget first. There are a lot of great deals to be found online, but you don’t want to end up spending more than you can afford.
The process of setting a budget may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Start by thinking about how much you can realistically afford to spend on your wedding in total. From there, you can break that figure down into different categories.
For example, allocating a certain amount for the dress, another amount for decorations, food, music, and so on.
A greatly under planned aspect of many online wedding shopping sprees is the delivery logistics of large and cumbersome items purchased for the event.
Online retailers will often offer delivery services for an additional fee. It is important to note, however, that not all online retailers offer delivery services for oversized or delicate items. If this happens you’ll have to arrange for transportation yourself, so make sure to check with the retailer beforehand to see if they offer this service.
If they don’t, think about things like hiring an unloading service when arranging for freight transportation, because damage during unloading is likely without professional help.
Just because you’re shopping online doesn’t mean you can’t haggle for a better price. In fact, many online retailers are open to negotiating pricing, especially if you’re buying in bulk. Wedding decorations, for example, are often negotiable.
Here are some negotiation tips:
- Start by asking for a 20% discount. This is a reasonable request and one that many retailers are willing to meet.
- If the retailer isn’t willing to budge on price, ask if they’re willing to throw in some extra items for free instead.
- Be polite and friendly throughout the negotiation process.
- Don’t be afraid to walk away if the retailer isn’t willing to meet your demands.
Shopping online for your wedding can be a great way to save time and money. By following the tips above, you can be sure to get the best of everything you need to make your special day perfect!
Leave a Reply