If you are a superwoman who manages a successful career, there’s never enough hours in the day and physical fitness isn’t something we can overlook. Of course, we have the local gym, which isn’t always open when we want to work out and let’s not forget the Covid pandemic, which has forced many gyms and fitness studios to close.
Here are a few tips to help you stay in shape while aggressively pursuing your career.
- Home Work Out Routines – If you have a free corner at home, you could install a soft bag and order a few weights and a dumbbell, and with Decathlon’s women’s activewear, you are ready for a burnout at any time of day or night. Many female entrepreneurs like to do a pre-dawn work out, which sets them up for the day and think of the time you are saving when you cancel that gym subscription! Working out at home is the best way to stay in shape, as it saves time and money.
- Virtual Fitness Classes – Why go to the yoga studio or gym if you can join a virtual class? You are connected to the instructor via a Zoom call, with audio and video capabilities, which enables you to interact with the instructor and the other students. Search with Google for fitness centres near me and see whether or not they offer virtual classes, which they probably do, and you can book for a time that best works with your busy schedule.
- Online Inspiration – If you trawl YouTube, you will find great workout routines that take 10-15 minutes and can be performed in the office, and when you have some time waiting for your next appointment, stream the workout and take the phone off the hook. Keep a dumbbell in the corner of your office and even a few minutes is enough to get active. If you are feeling like a romantic evening at home with your partner, click here for some great ideas.
- Managing your Time – Of course, time is your most precious commodity and if you can manage to fit your work out routines into your schedule, you will always be in good shape, which is important. Working out from home cuts out any travelling time and with a one-off investment for the fitness equipment, you are always ready to work out.
- Hire a Virtual Personal Trainer – The personal trainer is happy to offer their services online, which is often the only way during the pandemic and a Google search will put you in touch with a freelance personal trainer. She can help you identify areas that need improvement and put together a fitness plan for you, while she will be with you in a virtual sense as you push your body to the limit, giving you the support you need to beat your personal best. Always keep abreast of the current Covid updates, wherever you happen to live.
It is quite a challenge to fit everything in when you have a heavy workload and we hope the above tips will help you to keep in good shape while you chase that golden promotion.