So you’ve narrowed down your setting search and decided on a classic ring. But there’s still a few decisions to be made. What shape diamond are you hoping for the setting to hold? What color do you prefer? Do you just want one band or a double? You might be unsure about some of these questions, so we’re here to help. We’ve partnered with Clean Origin to help you find the perfect classic engagement ring.
Your Diamond Shape
One of the best features of many classic engagement rings is their ability to hold a diverse array of diamond shapes. From a brilliant round stone to a fancy shape such as an emerald, you won’t have to compromise your desired diamond just because of your band. So what diamond shape is the best for you?
- Round shaped diamonds are classic and will be absolutely timeless sitting inside a classic engagement ring setting. If you’re traditional and want your ring to be in-style for years to come, a round diamond is the perfect choice.
- Princess shaped diamonds are the most popular of the fancy cut diamonds. If you’re looking for a more square-shaped diamond with tons of shimmer and shine, look no further. Paid your classic ring with a princess shaped stone for the ultimate pop of glam.
- Emerald shaped diamonds can often appear larger than the same size carat in a different shape. If size is what matters most, an emerald diamond is your best bet.
- Oval shaped diamonds are great if you’re trying to elongate the look of your fingers. Ovals are also a great cross between classic and modern. Many trendsetting celebrities, such as Serena Williams have oval diamonds.
- Pear shaped diamonds are great for versatility. If you get easily bored with the look of one piece of jewelry, a pear diamond could be perfect for you. This shaped is easily worn with the pointed end facing up or down.
- Cushion shaped diamonds are a cross between the round and princess shapes. Giving it a softer look, this shape is great for someone who wants a more square diamond without the sharp edges that a princess features.
Engagement Ring Color
Although white gold is one of the most popular ring colors at the moment. There are a few different options to choose from that might peak your interest.
Yellow gold was actually one of the best-selling engagement ring metals in the nineties and early 2000s. However, many individuals still love the classic gold look that it brings to an engagement ring. Not to mention, as we all know, history tends to repeat itself when it comes to fashion! We wouldn’t be surprised if yellow gold engagement rings come back with a boom!
As you’ve probably noticed over the past few years, rose gold is having its moment…and that moment doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. From iPhones to jewelry, rose gold is a favorite of many for its gorgeous shade of pink.
Although gold and platinum are both very strong materials, platinum is the stronger of the two. For individuals who want the white gold look but use their hands quite a bit or expect a lot of wear and tear on their ring, platinum is a great choice.
As mentioned earlier, white gold is the current best-seller among engagement rings. Similar to yellow gold, it’s likely that the timelessness of white gold will continue for years to come. A classic and stable choice for an engagement ring.
It’s important to note that Clean Origin offers all of their engagement rings and bridal sets in white, yellow, and rose gold, as well as platinum.
Single vs. Double Band
For the most part, you’ll find classic engagement rings featuring a simple pave band. However, companies like Clean Origin also have a selection of double banded classic rings that helps add another level of sophistication. If you’re interested in ring stacking, going with a double banded engagement ring is a great place to start. By the time you add your wedding ring, it will appear that you already have a start to a stack. Adding one more ring on your 1st anniversary will easily complete the stack and create a fun and interchangeable look.
The last thing to consider for your classic engagement ring is a bridal set. Many couples are so focused on their engagement ring that they completely forget about the wedding band. Then it becomes tedious and somewhat annoying to go back and try to find a matching band. Instead, save time and hassle by purchasing a bridal set. This means you’ll get an engagement ring and wedding band that not only match, but that fit perfectly together. Clean Origin offers tons of bridal set options for their classic rings.
It may seem like a lot of steps for one piece of jewelry, but it’s arguably the most important one you’ll ever have! Take your time and use your resources. The folks at Clean Origin have years of experience in the diamond industry and are happy to help any and all questions you may have!
To read more on topics like this, check out the weddings category.