One of the most exciting pre-wedding events is the bridal shower—a celebration of the last hurrah for the bride-to-be’s numbered days as single. Throughout the years, hosts of such events followed various trends and themes to make it even more memorable for the attendees, especially for the star of the show. For 2022, these are the hippest bridal shower motifs to watch for:
- Virtual bridal shower. Two years into the COVID-19 pandemic, people are more inclined to celebrate virtually. As a result, a bridal shower organized via Zoom and other video conferencing platforms became the norm. It may continue to be so because people are still wary about hosting super-spreader events.
- Tea party. If you want a touch of whimsy, tea partying like the royals is the way to go. From the intricately designed tea sets,multi-tier desserts, and the flamboyant attire—everything about a tea party has a touch of class like no other. It gives everyone the opportunity to dress up and have fun against a backdrop of velvety vintage décor.
- Festive brunch. Who can resist a feast of Eggs Benedict, pancakes, French toast, cinnamon rolls, and more? No one. It’s a delicious menu set that’s well-loved for all occasions, especially when paired with delicious cocktails like Bloody Mary’s or mimosas. You can set this up indoors or outdoors with a simple décor apt for a casual celebration. Compared to a tea party, a brunch event is more laid back, so finding what to wear to a bridal shower in 2022 becomes a much simpler puzzle to solve
- Formal dinner. What about a black-tie event for your beloved bride-to-be? A formal dinner that would have guests choose their best cocktail outfits is a sure-fire hit for any crowd. A catered meal coupled with fun games will make everyone’s day.
- Destination theme. If the wedding is happening in a travel destination, it is common for bridal shower organizers to include it into the party to give everyone a feel of what’s to come. And it could be so much fun to put together as much as it is once the guests start to come in! For a beach wedding, a boho-themed bridal shower is fitting. You may also incorporate the location of the wedding. If it is set in a vineyard in Italy or a manicured garden in England, you may include the life and style of the place into your décor and make your event truly exciting!
Bridal shower joy
No matter what kind of party you decide to give a friend who’s about to get married, only one thing matters: that everyone who attends the event will have the time of their lives. Because hey, after the wedding, you will not have much opportunity to get together the same way. The bride will have one thing on her mind, and that would be her husband (and their marriage). So make the most out of this opportunity and have as much fun as you can.
Marriage somehow takes the bride off the grid because starting a family is no joke. Before everything gets serious, it is nice that she could have the time of her life with her gal pals, in style, of course!
Leave a Reply