Everybody loves slots, they are like dogs, or ice-lollies on a particularly scorching summers day… you just have to love them! But here’s the thing: spinning the reels at Cozino can also be a bit of a headache if you don’t know what’s going on before you start playing. So read ahead for 5 things to know before playing slots.
This one could well be the most important thing to know out of the bunch, because without an adequate grasp of the various bits of vocabulary associated to slots you will not get very far. Let’s go through a few of the most crucial:
· Paylines: This is where most of your wins will be made, so it is very important to know a little about what paylines are. In the classic slots the payline was simply a winning combination of symbols across the middle of the 3 reels. However nowadays you can have up to 50 paylines, all working in slightly different combinations.
· Wild Symbols: Almost every game will have some kind of wild symbol, these can substitute with other icons to create winning combinations.
· Scatter Symbols: Most games will also incorporate a scatter symbol, this is most often your ticket to some free spins and bonus rounds so keep an eye out!
It is vital to know what RTP is before you start playing on the slots, because it is a piece of knowledge that can greatly increase your chances of picking the right slot to play. It stands for Return To Player and is given as a percentage that indicates how often you can expect a win on your given slot. Aim for above 97% if you can!
Bonus Features & Rounds
You will need to know about any of the bonus rounds and features of your chosen slot before you start playing it, we cannot stress this enough. Imagine getting through to one of the last special rounds with the jackpot in reach… and then realising you haven’t a clue what you are doing. It is a nightmare scenario, but easily avoided by doing a little research before you start playing.
How To Stay Responsible
Right then, you can love playing slots all you want, but if you do not know how to stay responsible whilst spinning the reels the whole thing could go to pot. You absolutely need to understand the importance of this, problem gambling is a difficult hole to get out of, and it is unfortunately a very easy one to slip down.
So set yourself a time and money limit before you begin your session, and stick to it. No questions asked.
Some Highly Regarded Developers
It is a good idea to get acquainted with some of the industry’s top developers before you dive headfirst into the world of online slots as well. Here are some of the top ones to look out for:
· NetEnt: Consistently excellent aesthetics, gameplay and themes.
· Microgaming: Hefty progressive jackpot network.
· Yggdrasil: 3D graphic aficionados.
· Big Time Gaming: Interesting bonus rounds and features.
Leave a Reply