As the MOH for my BFB (Best Friend Bride :) ), I have been helping her look for bridesmaid’s dresses. This usually seems to be one of the most daunting tasks of the wedding planning process. With so many colors, fabrics, body styles, and most importantly, opinions, it can be very challenging to find a dress that pleases everyone! My friend has chosen to let each of her bridesmaids pick her own dress. She has chosen a color, fabric, length and a designer, and now each of the bridesmaids will get to pick the dress that they like the best. We recently made a shopping trip with the bridesmaids to try on different dresses. Girl shopping trips are always fun, but there are sure to be many opinions flying around the dressing room!
Here are some tips that might be helpful when shopping with your maids:
- Start by searching different websites and becoming familiar with popular bridesmaid dress designers
- Determine the style of the dress that you want your bridesmaids to wear; the color, length, fabric
- Call different stores in your area to see if they carry the designers you prefer
- Set an appointment
- Arrange to have your bridesmaid’s meet you for the appointment, if they can
- Depending on your ideas and what you want, choose dresses for your girls to try on, or if you are going for a mismatched look, have them choose dresses that they like (as long as they can be made in the color and fabric that you like)
- Be open minded to everyone’s opinions and fashion taste, but remember you are in charge!
- Have fun shopping!
If you are a bridesmaid, the most important thing to remember is to be supportive of the bride. Sometimes, too many options and opinions can be very stressful for the bride, so it is important that the bridesmaids make her decisions as simple as possible. Happy shopping!